CITY TO OBSERVE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR’S HOLIDAY
The City of El Segundo will observe the Christmas holiday on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25 and New Year’s holiday on Monday, December 31 and January 1.
- LIBRARY will be closed.
- Most ADMINISTRATIVE offices will be CLOSED.
- TRASH and RECYCLING collection will not occur on Tuesday, December 25 or Tuesday, January 1. Service will be delayed by one day respectively through Saturday of each week. Contact: Customer Service at 800-299-4898.
- HOLIDAY TREE RECYCLING collection will not occur on Tuesday, December 25 or Tuesday, January 1. Otherwise, residents with City-provided trash service may place holiday trees curbside on regular collections days for three weeks starting on Tuesday, December 25 until Tuesday, January 15.
If you place your tree on your regular collection day before 7am, it should be picked up the same day unless there is an overwhelming amount of trees to collect then there may be a day or two pick-up delay. Or if you place your tree after 7am on your regular collection day, pick-up could be delayed until your next regular collection day the following week. Contact: Customer Service at 800-299-4898.
- STREET SWEEPING / ENFORCEMENT Street sweeping will not take place on said days nor will the Police Department’s Traffic Division be enforcing street sweeping signage. In other words, Police will not be ticketing cars parked on posted street sweeping on said days. Any streets that are posted for sweeping on said days will not be swept again until Monday, January 7, 2019.
- POLICE and FIRE services will continue to be open, 24/7 during the holidays and weekends. Contact: 9-1-1 or Fire Dispatch at 310-219-7303 or Police Dispatch at 310-524-2760.
- RECREATION and PARKS holiday hours are below. Contact: Checkout at 310-524-2700; Clubhouse at 310-524-2362; Joslyn at 310-524-2705; Dial-a-Ride at 310-524-2704; Home Delivery Meals/Senior Outreach at 310-322-9033.