Businesses Newly Licensed
El Segundo was founded 100 years ago. The city has earned a reputation as one of the best places to work and live. El Segundo’s business friendly environment, skilled workforce, proximity to LAX, 105 and 405 Freeways, and South Bay address have attracted companies from Fortune 500’s to start-ups. Recognized as the aerospace capital of the world, El Segundo is home to Mattel, one of the world’s largest toy manufacturer, and AT&T. Please help us welcome seven new businesses to our community:
- Aether Films at 118 Sierra St, Unit D. Aether Films designs and operates a comprehensive variety of remote controlled camera-rigs for filming.
- American Golf Corporation at 909 N Sepulveda Boulevard. American Golf is one of the most experienced and innovative operators in the golf industry today. As an owner, lessee, and manager of golf courses and country clubs for over 40 years, American Golf has the unmatched expertise to maximize any golf opportunity.
- Angela Elisabeth Portraits at 419 Main Street. The company serves clients with a custom styled photographic experience that is enriching and fun. Angela produces images that are communicative and reflective of your authenticity.
- Anytime Fitness at 630 N Sepulveda Boulevard. Opening soon! Grand Opening Membership Specials: Join today and take advantage of special grand opening membership pricing. Enrollment fee of only $1 offered to the first 100 members in June. Call to schedule a tour.
- BizHaus at 1730 East Holly Street. BizHaus puts a creative spin on community office spaces that serve as a workplace for entrepreneurs, startups, freelancers, and innovative companies. Exciting new tenants include the Law Offices of Carolyn J. Epstein, Digital Video Syndicate LLC, Group 11 Advertising, Moreno Venture Investment Properties, Inc, and Progressive Consulting, Inc.
- Blackout and Rally at 150 Sierra St. Owner, Rob Lopez is a composer of original music for media.
- Otis & Lucy, Inc at 129 Arena Street. Otis & Lucy, Inc. sells durable, functional and adorable retail pet toys.
The film-friendly and overall business-friendly El Segundo community has been a boon in attracting filming in the city. The revenue generated from film permits helped pay for the long-awaited City Council Chamber makeover and in general, contributes to the city’s general fund.
So the next time you are out and about and stumble upon folks filming in the city, please help us welcome and thank them for bringing their business to the City of El Segundo. We are happy they chose to do business with us and appreciate their contribution to our local economy.
Since January 2017, El Segundo has hosted:
- Ballers at SSV Properties by Chori Perros Production, Inc.
- Behind Enemy Lines at Aerospace Corporation by TCFTV Worldwide Production
- Born This Way at Mattel by Impression Productions, LLC.
- ESPN at Big Block Films by Big Block Films
- Jane the Virgin at Chevron by CBS Television
- Jay Leno’s Garage at Mattel by Original Productions, LLC.
- Scorpion at City Hall by CBS Television
- 2017 NFL Rookies at El Segundo High School by Conscious Minds Productions
- Audi at SSV Properties by Morton Jankel Zander
- Chevron Doers at El Segundo Beach by Ren Kelly Productions
- Ford Explorer on the Streets of El Segundo by The Reserve
- Loan Depot at Working Concepts by Working Concepts
- Kitchen Aid Cold Brew Lifestyle at Constitution Park by Idea Park
- McDonald’s at the Imperial / Nash Bus Stop by Hungryman
- Xceed Financial Credit Union at Karl Storz
Oldies But Goodies
- Read: ‘Silicon Valley’ is the latest shoot in El Segundo’s filming boom
- Watch movie trailer of The House opening June 30th starring Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler written by Brendan O’Brien and Andrew Jay Cohen of “Neighbors” fame, and marks Cohen’s directorial debut. Scenes were filmed at City Hall in the Fall of 2016.
Water Related News:
In an effort to help minimize late payments and potential water shut offs, we have begun a community outreach and implemented new procedures for water payments including:
- Working with water account holders to personally inform business representatives and residents about the opportunity to take advantage of automatic payments.
- Advising on ways to ensure payments are applied to the proper water accounts.
- Guidance on how to respond to red tag notices or water shut off’s.
- Offering various ways to pay water bills.
For Water Billing information, please click here.